10-bed inpatient geropsych unit serving the Clintwood / Dickenson Co. area
Helping seniors find hope and happiness
As adults age, it’s common to experience life-changing events that can cause an emotional and psychosocial strain.
The Green Oak Behavioral Health unit at Dickenson Community Hospital is an acute-level healthcare facility that treats and improves the lives of people 55 and older* who are suffering from a wide range of psychiatric conditions, including:
- Depression, sadness and anxiety
- Severe memory loss and dementia
- Disorientation and hallucination
- Increased social withdrawal and isolation
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Sleep disturbances
- Extreme fluctuation in weight
- Loss of interest in appearance and self-neglect
- Aggressive or agitated behavior
- Prolonged grieving
- Loss of desire to live
*Ages 45 to 54 are considered on a case-by-case basis.
To make a referral, please call (276) 926-0251.
Respond 24/7 intervention helpline
Reaching out is a sign of strength.
No matter what you’ve done or what life’s done to you, you aren’t alone.
Call the Respond helpline – any day, any time – at 1-800-366-1132.
We’re here to listen.