Brain & Spinal Injury
Ballad Health offers comprehensive diagnostic services, treatment and rehabilitation for brain and spinal conditions close to home.
If you have an injury or disorder affecting your brain, spine or nervous system, your primary care doctor will refer you to a neurologist or neurosurgeon who specializes in treating your condition.
- CareChex® ranked Holston Valley Medical Center among the top 100 hospitals in the nation in 2017 and in the top 10 percent for medical excellence in neurological care in 2016 and 2017.
- CareChex also ranked Johnson City Medical Center among the top 100 hospitals in the nation for patient safety in neurological care in 2017.
- Johnson City Medical Center's spine surgery program is designated a Blue Distinction Center+ by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee for affordable, high-level care; treatment expertise; and overall patient results.
- United Healthcare recognizes Bristol Regional Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical Center as Premium Surgical Spine Specialty Centers for quality of care and staff experience.
Areas of Care
Conditions We Treat
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer's disease
- Cleft and craniofacial disorders
- Functional disorders
- Genetic disorders
- Migraines and headaches
- Movement disorders
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Nerve disorders and injuries
- Neurologic complications from cancer
- Optic nerve and eye disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleep disorders
- Spine injuiries and disorders
- Structural disorders
- Vascular disorders
- Traumatic brain injuries
What to expect
Diagnosing neurologic conditions
Your doctor may perform a neurological exam and recommend diagnostic tests for neurologic disorders at Ballad Health.
The exam and test results will help your neurologist identify a brain, spine or central nervous system condition and recommend the most effective treatment.
Neurologic services and treatments
At Ballad Health, you'll benefit from a full range of services for brain and spine conditions.
- Advanced technology for stereotactic radiosurgery
- Robotic-assisted minimally invasive neurosurgery using leading robotic technologies
- Highly skilled spinal surgeons that can walk you through your procedure
- Personalized care plans for neurologic rehabilitation
Peripheral nerve disorders
Our physicians also treat a wide range of peripheral nerve disorders. These conditions typically begin with numbness, pain, burning or tingling, muscle weakness and sensitivity to touch.
Common nerve disorders
Choose Ballad Health for experienced care for nerve disorders, such as:
- Brachial plexus injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Foot drop injury
- Malignant nerve shealth tumors
- Meralgia paresthetica
- Nerve compressions and entrapments
- Nerve injuries
- Spinal accessory nerve injury
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
Book your next appointment
Click the button below to view our online scheduler. You can search for your doctor by name, location, gender or language.