For wounds that haven’t healed within 30 days or longer, you need advanced care.
Trust Ballad Health's trained wound care professionals serving East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia to find the underlying cause and help your wound start healing.
Wounds We Treat
Choose Ballad Health to treat your chronic wounds and wound-related conditions, such as:
- Arterial (ischemic) wounds caused by peripheral artery disease
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Mild burns
- Pressure ulcers, or bed sores
- Skin issues
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Ostomy skin and pouching problems
- Venous skin ulcers
Personalized Wound Care
After your first visit with the wound care team to talk about your situation, you’ll benefit from an individualized treatment plan designed to help mend your difficult-to-heal wound.
You can expect your wound care plan to help decrease your pain and recovery time and reduce the need for hospitalization or prolonged home care.
You’ll also learn more about how to care for your wound and any underlying conditions, and find out how to prevent future wounds.
Treatments & Services We Offer
Your Ballad Health care team will focus on your wound treatment, infection control and improving your overall health.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Advanced wound care dressings – Protect and promote healing
- Cellular and tissue-based wound care products – Boost healing when dressings do not completely heal a wound
- Compression therapy – Helps overall circulation and reduces leg swelling
- Debridement – Removes damaged, infected or dead tissue
- Growth factor therapy – Stimulates growth cells to promote wound healing
- Hyperbaric (oxygen therapy) evaluations and treatment
- Negative pressure wound therapy – Enhances wound healing with a sealed wound dressing and a pump
- Neuropathic (nerve-related) or vascular assessments
- Pressure relief evaluation
- Stoma site marking
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) helps promote healing of chronic non-healing wounds by increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to your bloodstream.
During HBOT therapy, you will breathe 100% oxygen while lying comfortably in a special chamber.
You can listen to music, watch TV or take a nap during HBOT.
Wound Care Support
Your wound care treatment also may include a range of care from other specialists at Ballad Health to aid in your recovery and overall health.
These services may include:
- Diabetes assessment and education
- Education about wound prevention and care
- Physical therapy programs for wound care
- Wellness programs