Virtual Communication Options
Stay connected with loved ones in the hospital
During this difficult time, visitor restrictions at our facilities remain critically important to protect our communities. However, we truly understand how hard this can be if you have a loved one in the hospital.
We encourage people to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime and phone calls. Many phones, tablets and computers have free and easy ways for people to communicate with their family and friends through voice, text or video.
If your loved one does not have access to a personal device, though, please consider calling their in-room phone to stay connected.
Tips for virtually connecting using your personal device
Find an app that works for you.
If your smartphone, tablet or computer has a camera, there is a good chance you have an app already installed to connect with your loved ones virtually. You and the person you are trying to connect with must use the same app.
Video chat apps
Common video chat apps on smartphones and devices:
If your personal device has a camera but does not have FaceTime or Google Duo, you can download one of the apps below to connect via video, voice or text:
Instructions for Apple devices / FaceTime
- If you have the person’s phone number or email address already saved in your contacts, tap the plus button (+). Start typing the person’s name and select the name when you see it pop up.
- If you do not have the person’s contact information stored in your contacts, tap the plus button (+), type the person’s phone number or email address, and then tap the “return” button.
- Once your contact is in the “To” field, tap the phone icon to make a voice-only call, or tap the camera icon to video chat.
Instructions for Android Devices / Google Duo
- Tap on “search contacts or dial.”
- If you have the person’s phone number or email address saved in your contacts, begin to type the person’s name and select the name when you see it pop up.
- If you do not have the person’s contact information stored in your contacts, type in their phone number or email address and click the phone number below.
- Once you select their name, you can select voice, video or message.
- If your only option is to “invite,” the person you are trying to connect with does not have the Google Duo app installed on their device and might not be able to connect with you via Google Duo.
If your loved one is in the hospital and needs assistance using their personal device to connect, please encourage them to reach out to one of our team members for help.
We stand ready to help you and your loved one stay connected.