Urgent care near you – no appointment needed
For a minor illness or injury, there's no need to wait in an emergency room and get charged a higher fee. The Ballad Health Urgent Care team is here to provide fast, high-quality care for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses for adults and children in Washington County.
We accept walk-ins and are open seven days a week with extended hours.
Johnson City urgent care walk-in hours
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
See our urgent care holiday hours below.
Jonesborough urgent care
Please note that the Jonesborough Urgent Care Clinic is now closed. You can now visit our Johnson City location for all of your non-emergency needs.
About your local urgent care clinic
Our Johnson City urgent care clinic offers you and your family the care that you need without the long wait times or stress of going to the hospital.
- Extended weekday and weekend hours – Especially helpful when your primary care doctor can't squeeze you in or isn't available after hours
- Walk-in clinic convenience – Come right in, and we'll get you the care you need
- No costly ER fees – Urgent care copayment amounts are typically less than ER copays
- Onsite testing – We have onsite testing for flu, RSV, COVID-19, strep, and pregnancy
- Hassle-free online scheduling – No need to call for an appointment
- Sports physicals and school physicals – We charge a flat fee of $50
- Onsite imaging – We have onsite X-ray services
Walk-in conditions we treat
We're here for you when you need medical help for all non-emergency issues, such as:
- Cold, flu, and COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, chills, cough, headache and sore throat
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- Ear and eye infections
- Small cuts, minor burns or skin rashes
- Urinary tract, pelvic and other minor infections
- Animal or insect bites
- Upper respiratory infections
For more information about urgent care services and treatments, visit our Ballad Health Urgent Care information page.
Try online urgent care instead
You can skip leaving home to visit an urgent care clinic by using one of Ballad Health's telehealth options instead. Our Online Quick Care service is our fastest option. Simply answer a few questions online and receive provider feedback in as quickly as one hour – no video and no appointment needed.
Start Your Online Quick Care Visit
We also offer our Virtual Urgent Care clinic as a fast, convenient alternative to an in-person visit. You can schedule an appointment online and see a provider through a video visit.
Book a Virtual Urgent Care Visit
When it’s an emergency
Don't take any chances – in case of an emergency, call 911 immediately or go straight to the nearest ER.
Ballad Health emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for life-threatening emergencies, traumas and major medical conditions.
Symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of consciousness, sudden changes in vision, and coughing or vomiting blood – to name a few important ones – are signs that you need to get to an ER.
View our Emergency Room wait times.
Johnson City urgent care holiday hours
- New Year's Eve – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- New Year's Day – Regular hours
- Memorial Day – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Independence Day – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Labor Day – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day – Office is closed
- Christmas Eve – 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Online Urgent Care services open till midnight)
- Christmas Day – Office is closed