Ballad Health offers a wide range of orthopedic services designed to help you get moving again.
Our orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing high-quality, well-rounded care – from prevention and testing to treatment and rehabilitation.
Whether you're dealing with a hip fracture, sports-related injury or joint replacement, Ballad Health is here to get you the personalized care you need to get you back on track.
Experienced orthopedic specialists
Our team's approach ensures you can return to your lifestyle as quickly as possible.
You can rest assured that your care team has the experience, skills and knowledge to help you get the best results from treatment, physical therapy or surgery.
- Joint replacement centers that utilize advanced surgical technology
- Level I and level II trauma centers that offer 24/7 orthopedic and surgical coverage
- Orthopedic residency program – the only program of its kind in the region – where we help train the next generation of orthopedic doctors and surgeons
Areas of Care
Conditions We Treat
- Achilles tendinitis
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears
- Back and neck pain
- Broken bones or fractures
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Elbow pain
- Foot and ankle pain
- Hip problems
- Knee pain
- Meniscus tear
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) tears
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Runner's knee
- Shoulder pain
- Sprains and strains
- Tennis elbow
What to expect
Orthopedic surgery and treatment at Ballad Health
Ballad Health's team of orthopedic doctors and surgeons is committed to get you the advanced care you need based on your condition and lifestyle.
- Orthopedic surgery such as tendon or nerve repair
- Joint replacement, including ankle, hip, knee and shoulder replacement programs
- Hand and wrist fracture treatment, including physical therapy or surgery
- Hip fracture care, including hip surgery and occupational therapy programs
- Spine and back care such as spinal surgery to treat ongoing back pain
- Sports medicine services to treat sports-related injuries and get you back in the game sooner
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy for a variety of conditions
- Diagnostic imaging and testing, including MRIs, ultrasounds, CT scans or X-rays
Hand and arm specialists
Find expert care for your fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders from certified hand therapists at our hand clinics throughout the Appalachian Highlands, as well as our outpatient rehabilitation centers.
We have specialized hand therapy centers in both Bristol Regional Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical Center.
Johnson Memorial Hospital in Abingdon has a fellowship-trained hand surgeon on staff for specialized hand procedures.
- Guided exercises that help you move more easily and comfortably after an injury or surgery
- Custom splint fittings, including dynamic splints that let an injured joint safely move as it heals
- Resources about injury prevention, preparation for surgery and post-surgery recovery
Advanced surgical technology
Ballad Health is utilizing leading robotics technology for surgical procedures to give you faster recovery times, minimal scarring and shorter hospital stays.
If you're scheduling a knee replacement, your doctor may recommend robotic-assisted surgery using a robotic arm system. This service offers more presicion during yoru procedure and less pain associated with surgery.
Many of these robotic-assisted procedures are same-day surgeries, so you can get back to your regular life quicker with an easier recovery. At Ballad Health, you can get a total knee replacement and be home in the same day!
Book your next appointment online!
Click the button below to view our online scheduler. You can search for a doctor by name, location gender or language. Find the provider who's right for you and select your reason for visit.
To find out more about Ballad Health’s orthopedic services, you can call:
- Bristol Regional orthopedic services – Emily Nutter, (423) 844-4308
- Holston Valley orthopedic services – Jamie Moore, (423) 224-5559
- Johnson City Medical Center orthopedic services – Misty Jenkins, (423) 431-6937
- Johnston Memorial orthopedic services – Rebecca Smith, (276) 258-3453
- Laughlin / Greeneville Orthopedic Clinic – Ann Neal, (423) 431-2376
- Smyth County Community orthopedic services – Nicole Reasor, (276) 378-2063
- Sycamore Shoals orthopedic services – Lisa Hayes, (423) 542-1394
If the hospital closest to you isn’t listed above, please call (423) 431-6937 for more information.