You and your family can count on Ballad Health's skilled surgical teams to put your safety and healing first.
Our highly qualified surgeons utilize the latest techniques and innovative technology, including the most advanced robotics-assisted surgery system available.
Your care team will always discuss your options, answer any questions and help you feel comfortable, whether you're staying in one of our hospitals overnight or going home the same day of your procedure.
Cutting edge robotic technology
To better serve the needs of our patients, Ballad Health has invested in innovative technology, advanced surgical techniques and high-skill training programs for our surgeons.
We're proud to offer robotic-assisted surgery for a wide range of patients, including minimally invasive procedures and joint replacements.
Robotic-assisted surgery leads to lower rates of complications or infections, leaves virtually no scars and offers minimal surgical pain for patients. This style of surgery also leads to shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times – letting you get back to your life quicker.
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.
Areas of Care
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiothoracic/Thoracic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- General Surgery
- GERD Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Conditions We Treat
- Anal fissure
- Anal fistula
- Aortic aneurysms
- Atrial fibrillation
- Carpal tunnel
- Cervical cancer
- Colon polyps
- Colorectal polyps
- Congenital heart defects
- Crohn's disease
- Fecal incontinence
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hand and wrist fracture
- Heart bypass
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Kidney stones
- Neurological conditions
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Prostate cancer
- Rectal prolapse
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Tendon repair
- Trigger figure
- Ulcerative colitis
- Urinary incontinence
- Uterine cancer
- Uterine fibroids
What to expect
Inpatient and outpatient surgical services
Choose from a broad range of inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures at Ballad Health.
Depending on your condition, you may work with a surgeon who specializes in treating the:
- Back and spine
- Bones and joints
- Ear, nose and throat
- Female sex organs
- Heart and blood vessels
- Male sex organs
- Mouth and face
- Urinary tract
Ballad Health also offers a network of surgeons who treat obesity, cancer, pediatric or cosmetic concerns.
Ask your doctor about the type of surgery that best meets your needs.
- Minimally invasive surgery – Uses several small incisions, along with a tiny camera and miniature tools
- Traditional (open) surgery – Uses a single larger incision
Types of general surgery
- Abdominoperineal resection (APR) – Removes the anus, rectum and sigmoid colon
- Adrenalectomy – Removes one or both adrenal glands
- Breast biopsy – Tests for breast cancer
- Cardiac and thoracic surgery – Includes bypass surgery and other chest procedures
- Cholecystectomy – Removes the gallbladder
- Colectomy or colon resection – Removes all or part of the small intestine
- Colon polypectomy – Removes lumps from the large intestine
- Gastroenterological surgery – Includes colorectal surgery
- Gynecologic surgery – Includes hysterectomy
- Lithotripsy – Breaks down kidney stones with shock waves
- Liver resection – Removes all or part of the liver
- Urologic surgery – Removes prostate cancer
- Splenectomy – Removes all or part of the spleen
Before, during and after surgery
You'll work with your primary care doctor, anesthesiologists (doctors who give medicine to prevent pain), nurses and support staff to reach the best possible outcome from your procedure.
You'll also receive the best level of pain management for your condition before, during and after surgery.