Quality Reporting at Ballad Health
Quality is important to Ballad Health, and we know it is important to you as you make choices about your healthcare. We want to be sure you can freely and easily access the information you need to make important decisions about your healthcare.
To help you access this information, we have provided the menu below, where you can compare our hospitals’ quality scores against the average scores of all hospitals across the nation, as well as those within Tennessee and Virginia.
Select a facility to see its Hospital Compare page:
Hospital Compare - home page
How Hospital Compare works
The scores come from The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the U.S. government agency that runs the Medicare program. CMS tallies and reports scores for areas where there are clear, evidence-based guidelines for treating certain medical conditions.
Other Hospital Compare resources
Some additional tools to guide you in understanding the Hospital Compare information:
- A glossary of key terms used by Hospital Compare can be accessed here:
- An explanation of each of the measures can be accessed here:
Soon, we will replace these links with the most current quality and patient satisfaction scores from all Ballad Health hospitals.
View our current Quality COPA Scorecard [PDF, 0.3 MB] and Priority Metrics Scorecard [PDF, 563 KB].
You can learn more about the COPA (in Tennessee) and cooperative agreement (in Virginia).
Metrics by MS-DRG
MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups. Posted below are fiscal year 2022 (July 2021 to June 2022) metrics.
- Ballad Health aggregate MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 175KB]
- Ballad Health patient volume MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 433KB]
MS-DRG metrics by Ballad Health facility
- Bristol Regional Medical Center MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 348KB]
- Dickenson Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 16KB]
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 275KB]
- Greeneville Community HospitalMS-DRG metrics [PDF, 226KB]
- Hancock County Hospital MS-DRG Metrics [PDF, 38KB]
- Hawkins County Memorial MS-DRG Metrics [PDF, 50KB]
- Holston Valley Medical Center MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 356KB]
- Indian Path Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 158KB]
- Johnson City Medical Center MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 388KB]
- Johnson County Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 18KB]
- Johnston Memorial Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 247KB]
- Lee County Community Hospital [PDF, 31KB]
- Lonesome Pine Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 72KB]
- Norton Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 192KB]
- Russell County Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 88KB]
- Smyth County Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 113KB]
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 174KB]
- Unicoi County Community Hospital MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 74KB]
If you have questions about the information on Hospital Compare or the scores of Ballad Health hospitals, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.