Telehealth & Online Doctor Visits
Answer a few online questions and receive feedback in 1 hour (pending volume)
No video needed
$30 flat fee
Video visit with a Ballad Health urgent care provider in as soon as 1 hour
$49 or billable to insurance
Video visit with your established Ballad Health primary care provider.
Billable to insurance
Safe, secure and easy online healthcare
Access top-quality medical care from the comfort of your home with our telehealth services.
You can use your smartphone, desktop computer, laptop or tablet to speak with your doctor about a variety of conditions and concerns.
We have several telemedicine options for primary and urgent care, including:
- Online Quick Care – Online, no appointment care option where you complete an online health interview regarding your symptoms, without having to use a webcam.
- Virtual Urgent Care – Access on-demand video visits for illnesses such as colds, ear and sinus infections, strep throat, sprains and strains, UTIs and many others.
- Virtual Primary Care – Partnering with your primary care provider for your overall health and wellness – all with the convenience of online care.
Conditions we treat online
- Upper respiratory conditions – including stuffy nose, cough, sore throat, headache, fever, muscle aches and other cold or flu-like symptoms
- Urinary tract infection – symptoms include pain, burning or feeling of having to urinate more often
- Dental pain – management of mild to moderate dental pain while waiting to be seen by a dentist. (Narcotic pain medication is not available.)
- Pink eye – pink eye symptoms include redness, irritation or drainage of the eyes (conjunctivitis)
- Gastrointestinal conditions – digestive symptoms, such as constipation, diarrhea and mild abdominal pain
- Allergies – symptoms include stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, eye redness or itchiness of the eyes, ears, nose or throat caused by allergies
Specialty telemedicine services
In addition to primary care, we offer specialized telemedicine services such as:
- Pediatrics – As part of the Niswonger Children's Network, more than 100 schools are currently connected to Ballad Health via telehealth, providing care and diagnostics that keep children healthier and in the classroom. Ballad Health also utilizes telehealth in each of its emergency departments to connect with pediatric specialists at Niswonger Children's Hospital.
- Neonatology – With the region's only neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) located at Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City, Ballad Health's tele-neonatology services enable neonatologists and maternal-fetal experts to virtually care for sick and premature newborns at Holston Valley Medical Center, Bristol Regional Medical Center and Indian Path Community Hospital.
- Outpatient care – Telehealth options are offered for multiple physician specialties, which means patients in remote and rural areas in our region can connect with Ballad Health providers for a variety of conditions, ranging from diabetes and endocrinology care to high-level cardiology and cancer services.
- Behavioral health – Telehealth services for behavioral health allows us to open our crisis management, therapy and inpatient behavioral health programs to reach into underserved communities that lack dedicated facilities for mental health and well-being.
- Hospital-based care – Telehealth technology has allowed our providers to collaborate and bolster care for patients with a variety of needs, including the tele-ICU, tele-stroke and other high-risk services. Through the virtual health programs, specialty providers – regardless of location – can ensure their expertise is utilized for any patient who needs them.
- Employee assistance program – Serving more than 15,000 Ballad Health team members and physicians, the employee assistance program is free for Ballad Health team members to receive counseling and therapy services for a range of needs, including family and marital counseling, post-traumatic stress disorder and ADHD screening.