Illnesses and conditions potentially treatable by the Virtual Urgent Care Clinic
We can potentially treat the following conditions through Ballad Health's Virtual Urgent Care telehealth service.
If you have symptoms of heart attack or stroke or feel that you are in danger, call 911 immediate or go to the nearest emergency room (ER). Please visit an emergency room if you are experiencing shortness of breath or chest pain.
- Cold or sinus infection*
- Hay fever/allergies
- Mild asthma exacerbations
- Runny nose, congestion, sore throat and cough*
- Seasonal allergies
*May require in-person testing
- Female bladder infections and urinary tract infections
- Vaginal yeast infections
Eye, ear and mouth issues
- Canker or cold sore
- Eye infections or discharge
- Pink eye
- Swimmer's ear
- Tooth infection or pain
- True eye pain should be evaluated in person as should acute visual disturbances
Limited, based on your history, symptoms and examination. Not associated with fever, acute trauma, visual disturbances focal tingling, numbness or loss of function.
Skin and scalp problems
- Athlete's foot
- Diaper rash
- Fungal skin infection (tinea), e.g. jock itch, ringworm, etc.
- Head lice
- Insect or animal bites
- Minor burns, cuts and rashes
- Poison ivy/oak
- Recurrent genital herpes (not new onset)
- Skin abscess or wounds
- Skin candidiasis (yeast infection of the skin)
- Skin irritation (contact dermatitis)
- Other unwanted skin conditions
- Constipation and/or diarrhea possibly
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Mild abdominal pain not associated with a fever or vomiting
Bone and joint conditions
- Arthritis flares
- Focal bony, joint or soft tissue pains not associated with a fever, acute trauma or a sudden onset, e.g. ongoing elbow pain, ongoing pain in the bottom of the foot, etc.
- Minor back pain (not associated with trauma)
- Sprains and strains*
*May require X-rays or in-person exam
Medications and refills
Refills for short term if the patient is visiting the area or can't get in to see their PCP – these types of requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Controlled medications are not available for refill through the virtual urgent care clinic.
- Malaria prevention
- Motion sickness prevention
Medication to prevent an illness or infection
- Influenza prevention if acutely exposed
- Postexposure to pertussis (whooping cough)
Other requests or consultations will be evaluated and addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Not all issues can be effectively or safely evaluated and treated in a virtual setting. And you may need to visit a local urgent care when testing or diagnostics is necessary to confirm your diagnosis.
If your condition isn't listed above, please visit an urgent care location near you.