At this location
Updated hospital visitation restrictions
Ballad Health is currently allowing 2 visitors for each patient at a time.
Please note that this only applies to inpatient hospital units and surgery. Labor and delivery units will allow 1 support person and 2 visitors per room.
Visitation for patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are under investigation is limited to 1 designated visitor for the length of their hospitalization. Visits are limited to two hours and must be scheduled ahead of time. Exceptions include:
- COVID-19 positive patients in labor and delivery units, who will be allowed one visitor during the entirety of their hospital stay
- COVID-19 positive patients in the neonatal intensive care unit at Niswonger Children's Hospital and in pediatric rooms, who will be allowed two visitors that must be parents/guardians
Inpatient support persons – or visitors – will only be allowed on site from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. However, one visitor may remain with the patient overnight, and this visitor must be in the facility prior to 8 p.m. Visitors who remain with the patient after 8 p.m. will stay in the patient room. If the visitor remaining with the patient after 8 p.m. leaves the facility at any point during the night, they will not be permitted for re-entry until 8 a.m.
Exceptions may be made during extenuating circumstances or in the case of end-of-life care.
Screenings and face mask requirements
Each visitor will be screened for potential signs of illness and required to wear a cloth face covering, which they need to provide for themselves.
Due to the increased risk of virus transmission, masks with vents and/or valves are not permitted.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Holston Valley Medical Center has partnered with and served Kingsport, TN, and the surrounding region for more than 80 years. Every day, physicians, nurses, team members and volunteers work together providing exceptional healthcare to the patients and families we serve.
Fast facts about Holston Valley
Holston Valley features:
- More than 450 board-certified or board-eligible physicians
- More than 2,000 talented nurses, technicians and support staff members
- Largest pet therapy program in Tennessee
High quality, nationally recognized care
Holston Valley continues to be recognized among the nation’s best hospitals, most recently being named a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by IBM Watson Health. This is the fifth time Holston Valley has been received this honor.
Holston Valley was the first site in Tennessee to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) surgery for patients who are at higher risk for open-heart surgery.
Along with the IBM Watson recognition, Holston Valley holds many accolades and recognitions for cardiac care and cardiovascular research, including:
- Gold-level recognition from the American Heart Association for heart attack treatment (2018)
- Platinum-level recognition from the American College of Cardiology for heart attack treatment quality measures (2018)
- Leader in cardiovascular research and training, with annual visits from Harvard fellows who come to learn the techniques offered by Holston Valley’s prominent cardiologists
Services we offer
A full range of specialty and subspecialty care services and some of the most advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques are available at Holston Valley, including:
- 24/7 emergency department
- Accredited comprehensive breast center
- Advanced primary stroke center
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Christine LaGuardia cancer center
- Comprehensive weight management center
- Every Step joint replacement center
- Heart and vascular care
- Imaging services
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation
- Intensive care unit
- Surgical services (inpatient and outpatient)
- General surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Trauma care
- Wound care and hyperbarics
Holston Valley Medical Center offers robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® and Mako SmartRobotics™ robotic systems. These less invasive surgical systems significantly reduce the recovery time and pain for patients.
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
CMS price transparency
Standard Charges file last updated Dec. 30, 2021.
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Holston Valley MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 89KB], fiscal 2019
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Holston Valley leadership
- Lindy White – President, Northwest Market; CEO Kingsport Market Operations
- Rebecca Beck – Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Elizabeth Jackson – Chief Medical Officer, Northwest Market
- Adnan Brka – Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer