At this location
- Cancer Care – Smyth County Community
- Direct Access Lab Testing at Smyth County Community Hospital
- Emergency and Urgent Care at Smyth County Community Hospital
- Inpatient Rehabilitation at Smyth County Community Hospital
- Smyth County Community Hospital Amenities
- Smyth County Community Hospital Parking
- Surgical Services at Smyth County Community Hospital
Updated hospital visitation restrictions
Ballad Health is currently allowing 2 visitors for each patient at a time.
Please note that this only applies to inpatient hospital units and surgery. Labor and delivery units will allow 1 support person and 2 visitors per room.
Visitation for patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are under investigation is limited to 1 designated visitor for the length of their hospitalization. Visits are limited to two hours and must be scheduled ahead of time. Exceptions include:
- COVID-19 positive patients in labor and delivery units, who will be allowed one visitor during the entirety of their hospital stay
- COVID-19 positive patients in the neonatal intensive care unit at Niswonger Children's Hospital and in pediatric rooms, who will be allowed two visitors that must be parents/guardians
Inpatient support persons – or visitors – will only be allowed on site from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. However, one visitor may remain with the patient overnight, and this visitor must be in the facility prior to 8 p.m. Visitors who remain with the patient after 8 p.m. will stay in the patient room. If the visitor remaining with the patient after 8 p.m. leaves the facility at any point during the night, they will not be permitted for re-entry until 8 a.m.
Exceptions may be made during extenuating circumstances or in the case of end-of-life care.
Screenings and face mask requirements
Each visitor will be screened for potential signs of illness and required to wear a cloth face covering, which they need to provide for themselves.
Due to the increased risk of virus transmission, masks with vents and/or valves are not permitted.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
Smyth County Community Hospital in Marion, Virginia, includes a 44-bed acute care hospital, a 109-bed nursing care facility, and a variety of outreach programs.
There are more than 50 physicians serving on our active medical staff.
Smyth County Community offers surgical services, rehabilitation services, women’s services, emergency services, cardio-pulmonary services, most acute care including home health, skilled nursing and long-term care.
Other services include a diagnostic sleep center, cardio/pulmonary rehabilitation and an inpatient rehabilitation unit.
We are an accredited cardiac and pulmonary rehab center with state-of-the-art equipment. Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation is designed to offer more rehabilitative services as well as diagnostic testing to individuals so they do not have to travel to larger more urban areas.
Francis Marion Manor Health & Rehabilitation is a 109-bed licensed nursing care facility providing both skilled-level and nursing facility-level health care services.
Our physicians offer a full array of orthopedic services, from preventative diagnostic testing to surgery. Our orthopedic certified nurses and experienced joint care team have developed a comprehensive, planned course of treatment specifically for patients undergoing surgery. Through utilization of the most advanced technologies and minimally invasive procedures, we are putting you on the pathway to get back to what you love.
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – (276) 783-9752
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. – (276) 783-5400
Awards and accreditations
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- The Joint Commission accreditation
- Quest 2013 Top Performing Hospital
- Premier 2014 Premier Quest Award for High-Value Healthcare
- Smyth Regional Home Care: The Joint Commission accreditation
- Smyth Regional Home Care: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Office of Licensure and Certification
- Smyth Regional Home Care: 2014 HHCAHPS HONORS Elite recipient, Deyta, LLC
- Francis Marion Manor Health & Rehabilitation: Virginia Department of Health License
Medical care and community impact reports
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
Smyth County Community Hospital CHNA [PDF – opens in new window]
CMS price transparency
Standard Charges file last updated Dec. 30, 2021.
Metrics by MS-DRG*
Smyth County Community MS-DRG metrics [PDF, 50KB], fiscal 2019
*MS-DRGs are Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups.
Expand a section below to read more about Smyth County Community Hospital and our community.
- Our Community
At Home in The Heart of the Highlands
Nestled in the highlands of southwestern Virginia, you'll find a delightful town that we call home. As famous for its spectacular outdoor recreation as it is for its most famous product, Mountain Dew, Marion is the gateway to both Hungry Mother State Park and the highest peak in Virginia, Mount Rogers. Within miles of hiking and biking trails, stocked trout streams and a 500-acre mountain lake, Marion is an ideal place for a vacation – or to call home. Marion is also a place where no one remains a stranger very long, people work together for the common good, children can find wholesome activities and parents can find community support for cherished family values.
- Hungry Mother State Park
- Mount Rogers National Recreation Area
- Museum of the Middle Appalachians
- Lifetime Wellness Center
- Smyth County Virginia Schools
- Emory & Henry College
- Wytheville Community College
- Virginia Highlands Community College
- Where To Eat
- The Lincoln Theater
- Smyth County Chamber of Commerce
- Smyth County, Va.
- Saltville, Va.
- Chilhowie, Va.
SCCH serves the following counties:
- Washington, Va.
- Dale Clark – VP, Chief Executive Officer
- Trista Ruff, RN – Associate Administrator and Chief Nursing Officer
- Erica Dillard, CPA – Controller
- Sue Henderson – Manager, Human Resources
- Rachel McGlothlin – Market Director, Marketing & Communications, Northeast Market