Patient-focused emergency services, inpatient care and telemedicine in Pennington Gap
Lee County Community Hospital provides comprehensive medical care to all members of the Pennington Gap community.
Our services and resources
Our staff are dedicated to providing the best healthcare possible for our patients.
Emergency services and ER
Lee County Community Hospital is optimized to provide attentive emergency care that includes 10 exam rooms and two observation rooms.
Our emergency department also features helicopter or high-acuity transport to tertiary care centers so we can serve every emergency need in our community.
Diagnostic imaging and testing services
Your Pennington Gap hospital also has an advanced cardiopulmonary suite that performs pulmonary function testing to help measure how your lungs are functioning.
We want to ensure that everyone in our surrounding counties are able to access the care they need, which is why Lee County Community Hospital offers telehealth services for our patients – including pediatric care through the Ballad Health Niswonger Children's Network.
This facility includes a specialized telemedicine room so that our providers can offer easy, accessible healthcare to anyone with a device and internet connection.
Other services available at Lee County Community Hospital
- Inpatient care unit
- Inpatient physical therapy services
- Respiratory therapy services
- Outpatient cardiology
- Rotating clinic or telemedicine access to specialty care consultants
- Mobile health services for preventative screenings
- Care coordination services
- Access to a behavioral health network of services through a coordinated system of care
- Community-based education, prevention and disease management services for prioritized programs of emphasis
Pennington Gap urgent care
Please note that the Pennington Gap urgent care clinic is now closed. For non-emergency illnesses, injuries or conditions, you can schedule an appointment at our Pennington Gap Family and Internal Medicine Clinic or visit our urgent care clinic in Norton, Virginia.
- Lindy White – President of Ballad Health's northwest market
- Shannon Showalter – Vice president & chief executive officer for Wise, Lee and Dickenson Counties
- Robert "Mitch" Kennedy, RN, BSN, MBA – Assistant vice president & administrator
- Stephen Sawyer – Assistant vice president, assistant administrator & chief financial officer
- Dr. Herb Ladley – Chief medical officer for Wise, Lee and Dickenson Counties
- Valeri Colyer – Director of human resources
CMS price transparency
Lee County Community Hospital chargemaster standard charges [CSV file, 142KB]