Women’s & Reproductive Health
At Ballad Health, we believe that women deserve access to expert care teams that listen to their unique needs.
That's why we're dedicated to providing excellent medical care for all women throughout our communities in the Appalachian Highlands.
We want you to feel comfortable with a provider who wants to get to know you as a person – someone who respects your privacy, background, healthcare wants and needs, and values. We'll provide the tools you need to make informed decisions about your health that support long-term wellness.
Areas of Care
Conditions We Treat
- Breast cancer
- Breast lumps or pain
- Cervical cancer
- Fecal incontinence
- Menstrual cycle problems
- Overactive bladder
- Painful bladder syndrome (interstitial cystitis)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urinary incontinence
- Uterine cancer
- Uterine fibroids
What to expect
Services and treatments for women
Ballad Health offers a variety of high-quality services for women:
- Breast health services, such as 3D mammography that creates a clearer picture, especially if past mammogram results showed you have dense breasts
- Fertility and reproductive services, including diagnoses and treatment of infertility and other endocrine problems
- Gynecologic surgery, including less-invasive procedures that speed your recovery
- Heart care that's specific to women's needs
- Pregnancy and birth care for your whole family
- GYN oncology for gynecologic cancers, breast cancer and breast disorders
- Urogynecology services for incontinence (loss of bladder control) and pelvic floor disorders
Pregnancy and prenatal care
At Ballad Health, we provide the best in high-risk pregnancy and prenatal care.
The Regional Perinatal Care Center at Niswonger Children's Hospital is one of only eight such centers in the state of Tennessee.
If babies are born prematurely or with other medical needs, Ballad Health offers a neonatal intensive care unit at Johnson City Medical Center to provide specialized, around-the-clock care for the region's tiniest patients.
Wellness and prevention
Ballad Health provides resouces to help you stay healthy and prevent disease.
- Classes, programs and support groups on a variety of health-related topics
- Health Resource Centers that provide screenings, wellness classes, blood pressure checks and a health library
- The Wellness Center, which offers classes on health, nutrition and fitness, as well as exercise programs for every age and physical ability
- Free and income-based clinics that offer care at no charge or a low charge
Women's health screenings
Get certain tests and vaccinations to prevent health problems or catch them when they're easiest to treat.
There are a variety of imaging tests that are helpful in detecting breast cancer early, including mammograms and breast ultrasounds.
Women over 40 should get a mammogram each year unless otherwise instructed by their doctor.
Ask your doctor to schedule your next mammogram today.
Niswonger Children's Network
Niswonger Children's Network is a regional system of care that marks the next phase in high standards of multigenerational healthcare in the Appalachian Highlands.
As part of the Niswonger Children's Network, Ballad Health is converting Indian Path Community Hospital in Kingsport, Tennessee, into a specialty hospital for women and babies.
Ballad Health has also created Strong Futures, an outpatient behavioral health clinic in Greeneville, Tennessee, for mothers and expectant mothers. Strong Futures offers addiction and counseling services for families who need it most.
Learn more about the Niswonger Children's Network.