Community Health Improvement Sites
Communities are the change makers. And we're proud to invest in ours.
We're committed to community health improvement in the Appalachian Highlands. To that end, Ballad Health is currently supporting 21 regional, community-based organizations with a more than $2 million investment.
"By adding resources for funding to different corners of the not-for-profit realm, we can all work together to tackle the unique health issues our communities face."
– Dr. Paula Masters, vice president of health programs at Ballad Health
Ballad Health is working alongside these organizations across Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia to support specific goals and strategies aimed at improving health outcomes in the region, ranging from providing social support services and navigation for women suffering from addiction to helping youth from dropping out of school.
These investments recognize the important correlation between early childhood experiences, educational achievement and health outcomes. They also recognize the importance of collective impact, a concept embraced by the regional Strong Accountable Care Community (ACC), for which Ballad Health serves as a backbone organization.
These new partnerships will complement Ballad Health's existing framework to support children and families in this region. In 2021, the health system announced the Ballad Health Niswonger Children's Network, a massive philanthropic investment into its comprehensive, regional system of care that represents a nearly $60 million commitment to children, families and the future of the Appalachian Highlands.
Learn more about Ballad Health's investment in population health and programs for children and families.
2021-2022 Community Health Improvement Sites
- Appalachian Highlands Kids Belong
- A Step Ahead Tri-Cities
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Kingsport and Elizabethton/Carter County
- Bristol's Promise
- Coalition for Kids
- Communities in Schools Northeast Tennessee
- Communities in Schools Southeast Virginia
- ETSU pediatrics
- Fahe Housing Collaborative
- Feeding America Southwest Virginia
- Frontier Health
- Mom Power Families Free
- Mountain Empire of Older Citizens
- YMCAs of Greater Kingsport, Unicoi County and Greene County
- Niswonger Foundation
- People Inc.
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Upper East Tennessee Human Development
- United Way of Southwest Virginia