Certified Nursing Assistants
Certified nursing assistants (CNAs) are the backbone of healthcare. They spend more time giving direct care to patients than those in any other position. They're the ones who provide the most intimate care in ways that preserve dignity and respect for our patients.
Ballad Health knows a CNA's role in healthcare is critical. We do our best to provide a rewarding environment that fosters personal and professional growth – whether you're actively looking for a CNA position or are interested in taking classes to become a certified nursing assistant, sometimes called a certified nurse assistant.
If you are already a CNA, you can learn more about why Ballad Health is the right choice for growing your career below.
What does a certified nursing assistant do?
One of the most important roles in health care, CNAs:
- Attend to the needs of patients
- Aid patients with routine tasks, including eating, bathing, dressing and exercise
- Observe and record patient conditions and vital signs
- Update the care team on changes in patient condition
- Assist patients and their families through emotionally challenging situations while creating a comforting environment
Interested in becoming a CNA?
Learn about our free certified nursing assistant classes.
Why you should choose Ballad Health
Whether you're just starting out or want to make a change, Ballad Health is here to help you build a successful career as a certified nursing assistant.
- Work close to home.
Ballad Health facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia include 21 hospitals, as well as urgent care centers, rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers and more.
- Ballad Health offers competitive benefits that support your life.
That includes health, vision and dental insurance plans; a 401K matching program; disability and life insurance options; wellness program; flexible spending account – and much more.
- We strive to foster a culture where people feel valued and want to work.
Our values of respect, caring, faith, creativity, honesty and quality are represented in our work environment with team members. These values are what drive the compassionate and attentive care we provide patients.
- We currently have CNA positions available.
CNA openings are available in Ballad Health facilities across the Appalachian Highlands region.
We'd love to work with you!
Just click our application link below and search for "CNA" to see all available job postings.
Certified nurse assistant training
We offer the following no-cost training, approved by the Tennessee and Virginia Departments of Health, to help you certify for a CNA career.
- In-person TN certified nurse assistant training
- Hybrid in-person / online TN certified nurse assistant training
- In-person VA certified nurse assistant training
Learn more about our free CNA training programs.